Best Roulette Winning Strategies To Lose2020-08-20 06:43
Roulette is one of the most popular games in any casino and has been for over 200 years. Invented in France, the word roulette is a French one which translates to 'little wheel'. This makes sense since the game involves betting on where the ball will land on a spinning wheel. Roulette is a simple game which has inspired countless people to seek out a proven roulette system to gain an edge to their betting.
Here we take apart ten of the most popular roulette winning strategies and show you why they do not work. Despite the best efforts of keen gamblers over the centuries, there still is no roulette strategy that can guarantee wins, or provide a massive advantage. However, we don't leave you high and dry. There is still an approach to roulette you can take which will maximise your enjoyment of this popular game.
Types of roulette
In the past, if you wanted to play roulette you were stuck with whatever the casino had to offer. Thanks to the internet, there is a wide range of roulette casino online forms. Some of the most popular include:
While the core rules are similar, there are variations in the numbers and the betting options. As such, always make sure you are playing a roulette form you are familiar with before betting.
Interesting facts about roulette
With such a long history, there are many interesting and unusual facts about roulette. Here are several you might not have heard of before.
- The most popular number to bet on is 17 since this is James Bond's favourite number.
- The record for consecutively hitting the same number was reported at the Rio Casino in Las Vegas. It is claimed the number 19 was hit 7 times in a row.
- The most expensive roulette table in the world is made entirely out of gold and silver and costs $500,000.
- Charles Wells had one of the largest roulette wins ever in 1881 at Monte Carlo, walking out with 2 million francs – a huge sum at the time.
- 22 is also one of the most bet on numbers after featuring in the films Lost in America and Indecent Proposal.
If you want the confidence of James Bond to have some roulette online amusement, you'll need to know the lingo. While the rules are simple, it will be best if you are familiar with these common roulette terms.
- American Roulette – this game has 38 pockets on the wheel, 1-36 numbers plus a zero and a double zero.
- Block Betting – a set of numbers bet in a group.
- Column Bet – placing a bet on one of the three columns of numbers.
- Croupier – another name for the dealer.
- Dozen bet – a bet on a group of 12 numbers.
- European Roulette – this version of roulette uses just one zero pocket.
- House edge – the technical advantage an online casino has. For example, the house edge in one zero Roulette is 2.7%.
- Inside Bets – bets made on individual numbers or small number groups on the inside section of the betting area.
- Outside Bets – bets on the outside section of the betting area such as odd/even or red/black.
- Pockets – the grooves on a roulette wheel where the ball may land.
- Split – a bet on two adjacent numbers.
- Straight up – a bet on a single number.
- Street – a bet on three numbers in a row.
The Martingale strategy is one of the most famous roulette online strategies. It involves doubling your bet after just losing one. The rationale is that eventually, you will win your total stakes back, plus the original wager. But it's not about how to win money on roulette every time. The problem with this is that there can be long runs of losing bets – you can't keep doubling forever! A long losing streak will quickly wipe out a bankroll.
Reverse martingale strategy
Instead of doubling up losses, the reverse Martingale system has you doubling up wins. The hope is that you capitalise on a winning streak. The problem is that there is no such thing as a winning streak. The odds remain the same whether you won the last bet or not. Doubling bets will also lead to a zero balance in a shorter period of time.
This system is based on the incorrect assumption that everything evens out. It is true that in the long term, numbers do tend to land at the same rate, but we are talking about massive amounts of spins – thousands, if not millions. In the short term, say a night of betting, there is no reason why one number never comes up, meaning this system will not work.
James Bond strategy
This excitingly named strategy has players placing three bets that total 200 credits on each spin of the wheel. The thinking is that these specific bets will create odds that are tipped in your favour. While a quick calculation reveals positive results, an in-depth analysis by high-level mathematicians reveals the opposite. They calculated that the expected return was -2.7%. If you check the glossary, you will find this is the exact house edge for European roulette.
Fibonacci betting system
This system is based on a set pattern of ever-increasing numbers called the Fibonacci sequence. It involves placing larger bets after losing in the same manner as the Martingale system. The two strategies have the same disadvantages – you cannot keep increasing bets forever. At some point, your bankroll will not be able to cover the next one.
The Paroli Strategy is the same as the reverse Martingale system – doubling up your bets after every win. As we saw, this is a fast track route to losing everything on a single bet.
Labouchere roulette system
This is a complicated system that sees players adding set numbers to their bets when they lose. Once again, it is similar to Martingale, attracting all of the faults of that system. It's also hard to keep track of and removes a lot of the roulette online fun.
Here, players pick 5 numbers on the roulette wheel that are next to each other, such as 4, 21, 2, 25, 17. The thinking is that if the ball lands in that general area, it has a better chance of hitting one of your numbers. This does not produce an edge. However, it might be an interesting way of picking bets.
Andrucci (Chaos) Strategy
This anything-goes strategy calls for players to dive in and throw bets all over the place, completely at random. It posits that the universe is random, so why not bet randomly? Like Neighbour Betting, the Chaos strategy cannot possibly increase your odds, but it could be fun – provided it fits within your set bankroll.
Look for "new" strategies
After looking at all of these roulette winning strategies online, it should be clear there are no special roulette tricks that will make you win. No proven roulette system has been created to guarantee results. Sometimes we win, sometimes we don't, so celebrate the victories and don't worry about any losses. If you play within your limits and treat roulette as a pastime, it can remain enjoyable.
The best only winning roulette strategy
The world's best roulette strategy to win boils down to setting a bankroll and simply having fun. Playing roulette is a recreational activity after all, not an investment. Winning is great and is a whole lot of laughs when playing roulette online with friends, or on your own. However, winning is not everything, and everyone experiences losses from time to time. When you accept the fact that none of these famous roulette strategies works, then the sooner you can relax, take your time, have a few bets, and most importantly, enjoy your roulette gaming!